New AC2 release candidate test boot cd image

Michal Jaegermann michal at ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca
Wed Nov 2 23:06:25 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 11:16:49PM +0300, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:
> Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>

> >Would be also poossible to offer an upgrade from RH7.2Alpha to AC or
> >this is covered by the above?  Such upgrade should be actually doable,
> >and likely even easy, and there is a number of such installations still
> >around.
> >

> I'll check out. I could add the update option, but I am not sure would
> it actually work or not

I would expect that it would do just fine.  Well, I did not try but
I be really surprised to learn about problems (with a possible exception
of a disk space but then you will have issue with a new installation
too).

> (I have no idea where is my RH7.2 install cds right now).

Anyway, a content of /etc/redhat-release for that distro is

Red Hat Linux release 7.2 (Enigma)

The release itself and various updates are still available at
ftp://ftp2.compaq.com/pub/linux/RedHat/7.2-alpha/
In case somebody tries to install that, even for testing purposes,
using images from HPWrapper subdirectory is a really good idea.

   Michal