ISA SCSI controller on Alpha

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Fri Nov 4 15:56:43 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 11:49:52AM +0100, Gero Kuhlmann wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for the responses. The KZPCM seems to be the most
> interesting solution, but it costs about USD 300 anew (which is more than
> the whole system is worth - and it's definitely not worth for just the
> ZIP drive), and it seems to be impossible to get one used on eBay (at
> least here in Europe).

Sorry, that part (cost) didn't enter my thinking...

Perhaps a different "combo" card might work out...

[For those wondering, KZPCM combines 2xSCSI plus NIC, we OEMed them from
 IntraServer Technology Inc, , their part #4280UE, IIRC.]

Another possibility, WRT combo cards known to have appeared in Alphas,
would be the so-called "JIB" card, which combined Permedia-2 graphics
with tulip NIC, all behind a DEC PCI-PCI bridge.

Now, your AxpPCI (NONAME?) is pretty old, and its console may not be
up to handling a VGA behind a bridge, so it may be a big risk in any
case.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any other easily available combo
cards that appeared in Alphas, that might help you out... :-\

Good luck.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com