Newbie

John_de_Conquer thursday at allidaho.com
Sun Oct 2 03:12:17 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 20:15 -0500, Bob Schmidt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> New to the list. I just installed alpha core 1.0 on my DEC AS4000, it has
> 2ea 400mhz processors, 512mb of ram, with a S3 trio64 video card. The
> graphical install went fine (including first boot), but as soon as it
> restarted and booted up, (went through the boot process fine) the screen is
> dark, nothing at all. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Dera Bob,

Don't feel too bad, it's happened to me and plenty of others.  The
graphical install runs off the generic vga driver.  then when you set up
your card & monitor, it's easy to get a bad setup, especially with some
cards.

You should be able to boot text, or if that fails, single user mode, get
in and and do a an X setup.

good luck

jn