DP264 SRM on UP2000 (was Re: Radeon 9000 on UP2000 - again!)

Peter Petrakis peter.petrakis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 18:57:24 UTC 2005

Definitive answer... :)

It depends on what your definition of better hardware support is. I'm
pretty sure the BIOS emulator is the same so  you may be out of luck
if you're trying to use a newer video card.
There may be some differences with the level of support of SCSI
controllers but besides that I don't remember. Those are the only two
that matter the most to people in general. IDE support is specific to
the board. Maybe the USB ports will work from the get go? All in all I
don't think it's a worthwhile venture. That and if you do the update
blindly you'll mess up the flash layout. There's no harm in trying the
firmware out just be sure you update just the SRM image and NOT the
FSB.

Peter Petrakis