CentOS 4.2 for alpha

Pasi Pirhonen upi at iki.fi
Fri Oct 21 07:36:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 11:20:14AM +0400, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:

> Would someone gives me means to work hard too? :)) I am starting feeling
> that there is no very much interest in
> "bleeding age" alpha distribution (wondering are there people who is
> running devel tree, except me :) ). Just curious.

I can give some means. I'd not propably even started it, if there would
not been AlphaCore around. I did grab a lot of patches from there and
basically knowing which should be modified, helped a lot alone. The
real turning point was tho that i was donates a perfectly good ES45 w/
4x1000Mhz CPU and 12GB memory. That did launch the real means for being
able to cover some more recent hardware too.

So You, whom ever else, are to be thanked for CentOS-4/alpha even
existing.

I might later on start using/compiling more that bleeding edge too, but
currently i am pretty tied up with CentOS-4.2beta/sparc. It's not there
yet as the alpha version is, so it has to wait a little longer.

For me the problem is the one box which is 'decent' and rest if EV4/45
stuff which is not worth of the heat those produces :)

Maybe i'll get some more recent boxes soon ,-)

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/