New AC2 release candidate

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Tue Oct 25 21:34:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 11:23:58PM +0200, alpha-linux at gmx.net wrote:

> actually i'm diggling around with different nic's.
> what would be a better solution on AlphaCore.
> - 3Com 3c980
> - Intel PRO-100
>
> instead of the Onboard 10mbit DE-something

I don't think either would be supported by SRM on AS500, so things
such as BOOTP would be impossible with one of those.

Intel PRO-100 is supported by newer SRMs on later boxes, I believe.

Currently in AC-1.0, the "e100" driver is chosen by anaconda, and it
has a problem with unaligned accesses, so I recommend trying the
"eepro100" one.

I don't know anything about the 3Com, but they are usually fine.

Either NIC will be better once Linux is running than the old TULIP
2104x WRT speed...

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com