AC 1.0 ntpd error

K Hanai hanai at koto.kpu-m.ac.jp
Fri Oct 28 10:42:02 UTC 2005

Hi,

I can install AC 1.0 to my DS20E. though I have reported my install
cd-r may have problems, actually, the cdrom drive of my DS20E may be
a little bit out of order, neither.

At any rate, AC 1.0 installation has finished and the machine
rebooted to AC 1.0.
But ntpd does not start.
When place a command /sbin/service ntpd start, the console gives
# /sbin/service ntpd start
ntpd: Synchronizing with time server:                      [FAILED]
Starting ntpd: ntpd: error while loading shared libraries:
                libm.so.6.1: failed to map segment from shared
		object: Permission denied
                                                           [FAILED]

The system has the shared library, and permissions appear to be
correct.
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 577208 Jan 28  2005 /lib/libm-2.3.4.so
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     13 Oct 28 11:19 /lib/libm.so.6.1 -> libm-2.3.4.so

What is wrong?

Foregive me poor English.

Thanks,
K. Hanai