alpahcore 2.0a #2 on 5305

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Mon Oct 31 15:37:39 UTC 2005

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 06:30:35PM -0400, Gary Richardson wrote:

> Unfortunate, no better result but one observations:
> The machine appears to crash after initializing the
> video. Since that is a similar problem to the 1.0
> installation, maybe text and rescue do exactly the
> same as the gui option

Are you getting the same SCSI-related error messages as you noted before?

Also, did you unplug the ethernet cable? There's a long-standing
(AC-1.0) bug on AS800/DS5305 with DE500-BA TULIP controller, that goes
away if you disconnect the cEthernet cable.

And does it still run 7.2 fine?

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com