New AC2 release candidate test boot cd image

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Mon Oct 31 19:23:31 UTC 2005

Jay Estabrook wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 07:15:13PM +0300, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:
>

>>>Does the kernel have the patch for the old NCR 810s? If so, I'll try one.
>>>

>>Yes, it does. This was the reason for release of qboot2. :) Please,
>>check if you have time.
>>

>I do, and I did, and it WORKED FINE!!!
>
>Thanks, that's another one left from AC-1.0 that bites the dust... ;-}

Very, very good news. Thank you very much.
btw, qboot2 has autopartitioning working, so if you have a disk to trash
- you are welcome to check out. :)

As far as I know there are no issues left. :) Just:
- non working SMP kernel
- funny "unplug" trick with ethernet controller
- booting problem with 5305

None of them I could resolve - I don't have such hardware around. :(
We could push for final isos, unless find the solutions for unresolved
issues.

Thank you,

Sergey.
tsv at solvo.ru