New kernel uploaded into devel tree

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Mon Sep 12 21:31:23 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 03:21:03PM -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> To play with selinux you would need to
> label file systems and I would start with "targeted" and not
> "enforcing".

I've SELinux disabled, so it prolly won't matter... ;-}

> OTOH udev most likely just works at this stage.

OK, that seems reasonable.

> I would not skimp on mkinitrd.  As long as you are not remaking old
> initrd images you are safe.  Even with that so far I never had
> backcompatibility problems here every time I tried.  True, this was not
> alpha but I would be surprised by troubles here.

Yeah, I was assuming the new mkinitrd would be safe enough, AND that
it was the one update that I would definitely need. We'll see...

Thanks, Michal!

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com