Radeon 9000 on UP2000 - again!

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Tue Sep 20 13:35:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 09:09:37AM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On 9/20/05, Jay Estabrook <Jay.Estabrook at hp.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 08:21:37PM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > >
> > > If you put it on pci bus 0, you may be able to have xorg post the card
> > > when it loads using x86emu.  you could use a serial console for
> > > booting purposes and hope xorg can post the card when it starts.
> >
> > This may not be possible if running the BIOS emulator in SRM actually
> > hangs the machine; and it WILL try to run the BIOS if it finds a VGA
> > on bus #0... :-\
> >

> In that case, you might try it on bus 1 and use the serial port for console.

With the later SRM consoles on multi-bus machines like DS20/DS20E/ES40
and the TITAN boxes (DS15/DS25/ES45), it will try to run the BIOS on
the first VGA it finds, whatever bus that happens to be on (starting
with bus #0).

It's not clear whether the SRM in a UP2000 will do that, but it'd be
safer to try a dumb VGA in bus #0 if you plan on putting the
problematic card in bus #1.

Godd luck.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com