Radeon 9000 on UP2000 - again!

A. Devine domokun at eircom.net
Thu Sep 29 21:57:11 UTC 2005

From: "M. Eric Christy" <christy at jlab.org>
To: "Linux on Alpha processors" <axp-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: Radeon 9000 on UP2000 - again!
> Just my 2 cents...  I have tried both the original Radeon SDR and a 7500
> in 2 different UP2000 boards and had no success.  I tried every possible
> permutation of slots for my various pci cards and I tried running with the
> Radeon as a second head with a Voodoo3.  When running with the Voodoo3
> (or a Permidia 2 card) I found that SRM alway listed that Radeon cards
> were found at every possible PCI id.  I posted this on this list about a
> year ago but never found a resolution.  Personally, I decided that this
> was an exercise in futility.  Good Luck ....
>

> -Eric

[I replied to this already but it didnt seem to appear]

That seems to be where Im not stuck too:
Ok, got a little further. Moved the Radeon to the second last PCI slot and
the machine no longer crashed on "Initializing hardware". It gets to Kudzu
and asks to configure the card... unfortuantely is detects about 20 Radeon
9000 cards on what appears to be every PCI slot (real or virtual). None of
them appear to be appeal to start and actually do anything. Eventually I
told it to Ignore All so it would continue on. It then get to the X login
and tries to start the cards again! As Im typing this its just gone by card
28 ("Cannot start X Server on Card 28").

I also get error constantly scrolling down the screen: "Could not allocate 8
bytes per CPU data".

Jay mentioned other BIOSes on the UP2000... is it possible to flash a DP264
bios onto the UP2000 and gain better HW compatibility?

Alan