Radeon 9000 on UP2000 - again!

Michal Jaegermann michal at ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca
Fri Sep 30 02:18:58 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 09:32:09PM -0400, M. Eric Christy wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>
> > Specify explicitly where is your card.  You should be able to get
> > that information using 'lspci'.  A configuration entry will look like:
> >
> > BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
>

> I tried this before and found that lspci also lists numerous pci addresses
> for the radeon.

Well, lspci eventually asks firmware and there seems to be utter
confusion on that level.  Did you try to be specifice with just one
of these?  If most of them are truly "ghosts", but they still report
what looks like a valid IRQ, then maybe you should try them one by one
until you fill find something which works?

I am just guessing what to do here.  I never encountered anything
of that sort.

BTW - I happen to have Radeon 9200 but in an Opteron box and not Alpha
and in an AGP slot. 'lspci' shows for it "Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 209".

   Michal