CentOS on wildfire

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Fri Aug 25 15:56:27 UTC 2006

Dialup Jon Norstog wrote:

>Sergey!
>
>You're still on the case!  I thought, having distinguished yourself by putting
>together 3 distros, you had moved on to the mainstream Linux world.

:) Thanks. Not really, I have to do a lot at my work. :)

>Glad to hear you're working on AC3.  Too bad about the Radeon, that's the most
>available high-power card for Alpha anymore.

Oh, yes. I was hoping to release AC3 at the same time with FC5, but xorg
package really stopped me. :( I tried to build
latest package from devel tree - it doesn't work well too. :( Good news
- radeon driver doesn't crash my alpha any more, but
framebuffer driver does. :( I haven't tried simple vga driver yet, but I
suspect it might not work too. :(

Any way, pre-AC3 is available via yum and I am running it on one of my
Alphas.

I did take a look at OO about 3 months ago. Well, it is still 32-bits.
:( Like you said it requires to write some stub methods to work.
After learning a lot of Alpha assembler during C# JIT compiler
implementation I guess I am ready to look at OO again. :)

Regards,

--
Sergey Tikhonov

Solvo Ltd.