Alpha Wiki

Mike Barnes mike at grouse.net.au
Sun Dec 17 07:28:46 UTC 2006

Since all the cool kids have a Wiki these days ...

http://alphacore.info/wiki/

I'm throwing this out as a last piece of thanks to the Alpha crew. I
haven't switched on my DS10 for months, ever since I picked up an awfully
cheap 64-bit Sempron system which I'm utterly astounded with,
performance-wise, considering how much I paid for it.

The big roaring blue box just doesn't have a place in my life right now. I
guess I'm semi-retiring from Alpha development ... not that I've done much
in the last year anyway; although I will keep the domain registered, and
the sites up and hosted, by all means.

The Wiki at least is a good solution to keep me from being solely
responsible for doing updates in a timely manner. :)

My initial goal is to pull most of the good stuff out of the spam-riddled
Alpha Core Forums, and start from there. I'll put the entire thing under
the GFDL so we can poach from Wikipedia's AXP info as a base, but we'll
have the scope for things like giving each machine type its own article,
which will never happen there.

This isn't intended as an Alpha Core specific thing, either. Other OS
pages are quite welcome.

So, whether it lives and thrives, or just becomes another dusty and
neglected site on the net, it's there. It's staying there. If anyone feels
like playing, go for it.