Alpha Wiki

Mike Barnes mike at grouse.net.au
Mon Dec 18 09:48:09 UTC 2006

On 18/12/2006, at 7:47 PM, Oliver Falk wrote:
> You could send me the memory from your DS10. I have a DS10 around
> without memory and cannot even switch it one; I could but wouldn't
> this be very senseless? But at least my AS1000A is still running (a
> mix of AlphaCore and recompiled FC/FE development rpms) - I'm
> wondering this beast will never die I expect. :-)

Actually, I think I have a big bag of miscellaneous DS10 memory
around here somewhere. Some of it is probably bad, but I'm sure
there's some that's working. It'd get a machine booted, at the very
least.

I'll see what I can find in my boxes of junk. I'll let you know.

> I'm wondering if anyone is going to publish some Windows NT 3.51
> page :-) I don't expect there's still some machine running it!?

I was going to put up at least the NT4 page myself. I actually
installed it on my old AS200 a couple of years ago, for the fun of
it. The Windows 2000 beta that was around for Alpha probably rates a
mention too. I remember some discussion of it on the net somewhere.
I'll go looking again before long.

I've only ever had the installation CD for NT4, although I did
actually administer a couple of NT 3.51 Alpha domain controllers many
years ago (1996, maybe?). It was actually the first time I ever
touched an Alpha system. I remember I screwed them up totally at one
point, because I did the upgrade to NT4 without updating the console
firmware to the required version first. Ah, memories ...