Next release of AlphaCore? JUST DO IT

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Thu Feb 9 22:49:14 UTC 2006

Simon Tierney wrote:

>Hello,
>I have DEC 7305 with SMP and RedHat7.2 on it and I have been waiting for an
>Alphacore distribution with SMP working reliably.  I can test a new
>installation ISO.   When Alphacore2 is ready please post a link.

Well, you should check AC1 then. Like I said in my e-mail - AC2 doesn't
have working SMP kernel. :(
As far I know - SMP kernel crashes on early boot stages, so remote
debugging might be impossible
(I am not an expert here). The kernel version in AC2 is
2.6.12-1.1447_FC4axp. If someone is
running SMP kernel version higher than 2.6.11 please post here (the
vanilla kernel seems to be broken
too).

You could download small iso image and check if it could be bootable on
your machine:
ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/core/2.0/test/ac2-qboot2.iso
This is boot iso without install packages, but goot enough to boot into
"resque" mode.

Thank you,
Sergey.
tsv at solvo.ru