Next release of AlphaCore? JUST DO IT

Bert de Bruijn bob at ccl.kuleuven.be
Sun Feb 12 10:27:33 UTC 2006

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, Michael Kronsteiner wrote:

> I can only ACK this, as the reddhat kernels are usually highly patched
> (2.6.9-1.667 where everything after 2.6.9 is a redhat thing... hmmmm...
> 2.6.9 is ok but build (? or patchlevel) 1667 is a little much...
>
> btw this is from fc3 on an wintel, but even patchlevel 1.667 seems high even
> if rh is contributing to the kernel...

667 is not a patch level, but rather a versioning number for the kernel
rpm (the .spec file, actually). And it is ever increasing:

kernel-2.6.14-1.1653_FC4
kernel-2.6.14-1.1656_FC4
kernel-2.6.15-1.1830_FC4
kernel-2.6.15-1.1831_FC4

The 1. is introduced to make rollbacks and downgrades easier wrt the rpm
version/release compare routines.

--
/* Bert de Bruijn          E-mail at home: bert+axp at debruijn.be     */
/* * * * That's my guitar and I will play for you all day. * * * */