Alpha Core 2 is available

Pasi Pirhonen upi at iki.fi
Fri Feb 17 13:06:38 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 02:06:55PM +0300, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:

> It is based on the Fedora Core 4 source tree.
> Main features of this release:
> - gcc 4.0 with working java
> - all packages are build with gcc 4.0
> - most java packages
> - Eclipse IDE
> - Fixed autopartitioning and update mode during setup
> - framebuffer driver for TGA video adapters works

Nice job! Specially bringing the java in equation. This truly is once
again one step keeping Linux/axp in par with rest of the world (we're
talking about RPM based distros here. I am sure debian/gentoo/what ever
folks do it too).

i do have soon mirror of ISOs at

ftp://centos.upi.iki.fi/pub/AlphaLinux/core/2.0/iso/

It's not that fast either, but it does have 10Mbit/s bandwith for use,
so knock yourself out if you like.

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/