AC2 Display question

bob sfmc68 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 26 15:55:13 UTC 2006

Sergey Tikhonov wrote:

> bob wrote:
>
>> I just installed AC2 on a DS10, ATI 7500, Dell P1110 mon.
>> Install is fine, BUT It did not recognize my monitor, and did not give
>> me a chance to select the monotor. Probably something I did.
>>
>> Can someone point me to the docs on how to change the monitor setting?
>> or tell me what I might have missed on the install?
>

> What type of install did use? text ot graphic?
>
> Regards,

Thanks Jay, and Sergey,
I used a graphic install, and since it did not recognize the monitor it
defaulted to one range I can not see.
I used Jay's suggesting, logged in from another machine, and vi'd the
xorg.conf file in /etc/X11. Just rebooted, going to see if that fixes it.

I had tried to do an upgrade to AC1, messed up the boot block on the
drive, and just did a complete install on the next try. Install did go
just fine, except for the display issue.
thanks!
bob
--
  "OOOOOPS!!!"
The invocation of the law of unintended consequences.