Next release of AlphaCore? JUST DO IT

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Mon Feb 27 16:22:12 UTC 2006

Jay Estabrook wrote:

>On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 08:49:17PM -0500, Jay Estabrook wrote:
>

>>BTW, I think I've runinto the same problem we had before, that the
>>SCSI module(s) were too big or mislilnked or something.
>>
>>I panicked the first few times I tried booting the SMP kernel up, and
>>finally got a serial log that showed problems loading those modules...
>>
>>Sigh...
>>
>>Rebuilding now with the upper layer(s) of SCSI support built in; we'll
>>see how that goes.
>>

>And indeed, building in much of the upper layers of SCSI support DID
>allow the SMP kernel to boot and run successfully.
>
>Hallelujah!

Very, very good. :) Thanks.
I actually decied to build "updated" kernel - applied all the patches
and prepared SRPM. It is building right now...
Actually I was running almost the same kernel (from Fedora rawhide) for
quite some time, but haven't built SMP version
because I thought it won't work. :( Any way, good work ... waiting for
your patches.

>A little bit more testing today, and I'll get patches out.
>
>BTW, has anyone running AC-2.0 gotten 3D support for Radeon to work?

If 3D support uses DRI then it doesn't work for me too (PWS 600, Radeon
7500). :(

>If so, what machine and what flavor of Radeon?
>
>Thanks.
>
> --Jay++

Regards,

--