Partial USB success

Hoover, Tony hoover at sal.ksu.edu
Mon Jan 9 17:37:20 UTC 2006

Over the weekend, I installed a VIA based USB 2.0 card in my LX running
AC1.0.  I was able to mount and read my USB flash drive.  It did not
automount, so I had to use "hardware browser" to discover that it was
registering as /dev/sdc1 then issue the mount command manually.

I plan on testing the speed of USB2.0 vs. IDE and 53c875 based SCSI on this
machine.  If things workout, I may use a USB 2.0 attached IDE hard drive in
my LX.

Tony Hoover, Network Administrator
KSU - Salina, College of Technology and Aviation
(785) 826-2660

"Don't Blend in..."