Qlogic 1280 driver blues

Valeriy Kirshin v123456 at gmx.net
Fri Mar 24 05:06:27 UTC 2006

I had the same issue on PWS500a with AC1. Basically the Qlogic driver
will hang randomly. I was never able to install on the drive attached to
it. So I put in IDE drive and installed from IDE CDROM hoping to copy
the system over to the SCSI drive later. No luck, Qlogic 1280 driver
fails when there's just a little bit too much disk activity.
Unfortunately I can't recall the exact error now, it was something about
scsi bus being reset due to command timeout. I saw similar issues
reported on the net but I was unable to find a resolution. So I'm on the
IDE now :-(. And the same exact scsi setup (same controller, same drive,
same cable, same terminator) worked and still works flawlessly on a PC
under custom built linux.