New AC2 test boot image is available

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Mon Mar 27 16:38:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

For AS4100/AS1200 owners where is new test boot iso image available:
ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/core/2.0/test/ac2-qboot3.iso
Please, test it.

I think it is possible (I haven't tried it) to use the test image as
replacement for original boot disk.
Try to start installation process. At the point where install procedure
try to look for packages it might
say that packages are not available and ask to insert another CD. At
that point old boot disk with packages
could be inserted. I hope that could work. :) If it work - the original
2.6.12 kernel will be installed. I copied
new kernel packages into new test boot disk into "kernels" directory, so
it is possible to boot into rescue mode
and install them and modify boot configuration.

Regards,

--
Sergey Tikhonov

Solvo Ltd.