Odp: Re: Odp: Re: AlphaCore 2.0 vs. AlphaServer 4100

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Tue Mar 28 10:49:57 UTC 2006

pawel.oleksiak at rieberson.no wrote:

>Witam / Hello
>
>I didn't tested kernel packages cause first I had to reinstall my AC1.0
>after dead :)

Well, always INSTALL kernel packages not UPDATE :) - will always have
chance to recover. :)

>Today I tested your boot3 AC2.0 for AS4100... Now is ok, loadrer is loading
>correctly and it is going to startx (I havged graphics card to Cirrus Logic
>and I have X on my AS). Only one problem.... Startx started in high
>resolution but my monitor show it cutted (only 2/3 of display is shown. It
>is something wrong with my monitor/graphics card or this boot ISo is set to
>high resolution? (AC1.0 started with 640x480 in startX and it is correctly
>displayed)

I haven't done any X configuration during install. I guess it depends on
version of Xorg package. I guess you could
live with text install and do correct xorg config. :)

Have you tried to install AC2 using qboot3 test image? I described
possible install process in my other posting.

Regards,

--
Sergey Tikhonov

Solvo Ltd.