QCad on AC 2

Jon_norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Wed May 3 16:31:12 UTC 2006

To the list:

I have in the past used QCad on my Alpha - it's a pretty decent 2D CAD
program, although a bit cumbersome to use.

I let it slide since the Alpha Cores came out but had occasion to use it
recently.  I downloaded the source code and tried to build on AC 2. The
libraries failed to build.  It uses an install shell, so it's not clear
to me what if anything needs to be done about it.

I tried it in AC1 - the build went perfectly, although it took a good
1/2 hour on an EV 67 machine.  Once built, I was able to run the program
under AC2 by mounting my AC1 filesystem and invoking the QCad command.

If there is interest, I can try to put together a binary for the AC
distro.

Menawhile, has anyone got AbiWord 2.4 to build on AC2? I haven't got
past the config stage yet. It keep asking for more stuff.

later

jn