AlphaCore Logo

Mike Barnes mike at grouse.net.au
Sat May 6 00:49:25 UTC 2006

> just some freakish idea... how ´bout an alphacore logo ? and of course, it
> should be a substitute for the fedora logo... something like the
> alpha-powered penguin or in the like of that - we DO something very good
> here i think and alphacore 2.0 is just something like.. something of its
> own. just great work!!!!

It's a good idea and long overdue. I had a shot at one ages ago, but never
got anything I liked - I am not a graphic designer by a long shot.

My concepts were based around the word "Alpha" in the style of the old
Digital logo (white text on dark red blocks), with the word "Core"
superimposed at the bottom right in the style of the "Compaq" logo text.

Apart from looking terrible, it was probably a legal problem waiting to
happen ... :)

If anyone can come up with a workable concept and possible colour scheme,
I'll quite happily re-work the alphacore.info site to match it. It's just
using the least offensive of the default templates for Serendipity right
now.