AlphaCore Logo

Davis Johnson davis at frizzen.com
Sat May 6 14:40:15 UTC 2006

Jon_norstog wrote:

>On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 10:49 +1000, Mike Barnes wrote:
>

>>>just some freakish idea... how ´bout an alphacore logo ? and of course, it
>>>should be a substitute for the fedora logo... something like the
>>>alpha-powered penguin or in the like of that - we DO something very good
>>>here i think and alphacore 2.0 is just something like.. something of its
>>>own. just great work!!!!

My concept, and I'm not enough of an artist to produce a rendering, is
based on the fairly standard diagram of the Earth's core, see:

http://images.google.com/images?q=earth+core&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

for examples.

Simplify the diagram to make it usable as a logo, keep only the surface
and an oversized core. Label the core with a lower case greek alpha
character. Perhaps mangle the geography to avoid featuring or nukeing
anybody in particular.

The trouble is nobody would be able to tell what the heck it was without
joining it with the words "Alpha Core"