Mono (C#) support on Linux/Alpha

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Tue Sep 12 19:02:22 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have being working on getting mono (C#) working on Linux/Alpha.
Currently, the virtual machine is working (the JIT is implemented and
bytecode is translated to native code).
I was able to build C# compiler and build necessary libraries (only for
profile_1_1).
In general it could be used for some non-complex work. I don't expect it
to be able to work with gtk, etc. native
libraries yet, but purely managed code should work. Native code would
work if it is called with simple types
(like ints, floats, pointers. Passing complex structs by value is not
supported).
There is no package yet, only source code is available via SVN.
If there is an interest, please check. :)

Regards,
Sergey.
tsv at solvo.ru