RAM for digital server 5300

Jay Estabrook jay.estabrook at hp.com
Wed Apr 25 21:22:11 UTC 2007

Simon Tierney wrote:
> Thanks for replying on this elementary hardware question Jay, I think I'll
> risk trying the 512's because W. Bohrer has got them working and I just want
> to beef up the RAM, not max out of the 4Gb limit.

Someone actually has tried it? How many did he use, and how did the
memory get configured?

I don't think you can hurt the machine with them, but I'm quite
surprised that it was bootable with them in it; in fact, frankly
I'm amazed... ;-}

Is it that you can't get the 256MB DIMMs now, and only the 512's
are available? Otherwise, I'd think that two 256's would be cheaper
than 1 512...

Good luck, and please let me know how it works out.

--Jay++

--
Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com