Alpha Core 4 Cancelled

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Tue Dec 4 14:47:57 UTC 2007

On 12/04/2007 03:38 PM, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:
> Oliver Falk wrote:
>> Online:
>> http://buildsys.zero42.at/broken_test_iso.html
>>
>> Linked from http://buildsys.zero42.at/ of course. :-)
>>
> Do I understand this correctly that I should be able to update
> glibc/kernel/modutils manually and boot the system up with new
> core packages and later update everything else using yum?

Well. You need to update a few bits (+ deps if any):
Step 1)
* sysvinit
* kernel
* aboot
* mkinitrd (I think...)

Step 2)
* Write new bootsector (swriteboot)

Step 3)
* Check aboot.conf and add your new kernel (2.6.23*)

Step 4)
* Update glibc* (+ deps if any)

Step 5)
* sync

Step 6)
* hard-reset

Step 7)
* reboot and pray :-)

After your machine comes up again you should have glibc 2.6.90 + kernel
2.6.23. Then you can grab the latest fedora-release (contains .repo for
alphacore development tree) + yum. You should be able to update the rest...

-of