Alpha Core 4 Cancelled

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Wed Dec 5 09:02:43 UTC 2007

On 12/05/2007 08:23 AM, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:
[ ... ]
> Updating aboot and kernel was enough for start (surpriselly the new
> kernel booted with older (ac3) glibc).

It does, but is incompatible! The ultimate test for that: touch x; rm -f x.

Same is true for for kernel 2.6.17 and later (until .23) + glibc 2.6.90.

> Yes, pata - support on PWS cypress chipset is broken. :( I have all my
> working files on IDE disk (even it works slow, but big and cheap).
> Hopefully Jay would have some spare time. ;)

I'm not quite sure; Is this broken upstream? If yes, has someone tried
contacting the alpha kernel guys?

> Updated glibc and surprise again - it works with older kernel too (my
> IDE is back). :)

Make sure it *really* works. :-) If you have kernel 2.6.15 you should be
able to work with glibc 2.6.90....

> Now I need to find out what is correct procedure to hack packages in new
> koji environment ...

You have your koji cert, do you?

> PS. mono from SVN fails to build with new gcc/binutils :(

What kind of 'fails'?

-of