Test boot iso image with upcoming AC3

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Wed Jan 24 10:51:43 UTC 2007

Sergey Tikhonov wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> After finding solution for Xorg server on alpha (thanks to Jay
> Estabrook) we started to work on preparing AC3 isos.
> There is a preview version of boot image that could be used to test
> your alpha (could it boot or not). Please, don't
> try install mode. Only "rescue" mode is partially working (don't try
> to go to rescue shell when installer asks you to do it -
> use second console with the shell).
>
> The test image is available at:
> ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/core/3.0b/test/ac3_qboot1.iso

Another test boot iso image is maden:
ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/core/3.0b/test/ac3_qboot2.iso
- Going  to shell in rescue mode is fixed
- Now anaconda should correctly determine video card and GUI install
should work

If you try to test boot iso image on the machine with AC2, CentOS
installed, the installer
should offer "upgrade" option for you.

So far, the first boot image was sucessfuly booted on:

DS10, DS15, DS20, DS25, LX164, PWS 600au (with Radeon)

Regards,

--
Sergey Tikhonov

Head, R&D department