Alpha Core 4 Cancelled

Jon_norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Fri Jun 22 05:29:41 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 09:46 +1000, Mike Barnes wrote:
> Did I get your attention? :)

Yes, Mike

You got my attention. I hope you guys can pull it off.  Personally, I
don't think we'll miss anything by not having KDE 4.0 - assuming it's
even more bloated than its 3.xx versions.  Wouldn't mind seeing CDE or
X-fce, though.

I have been using FC 6 on a fast 64-bit athlon PC.  Somehow, between 5.0
and 6.0 a lot of things just sort of fell into place - the automounts
all work, every piece of hardware known to man is supported, updates
(yum) are painless and it doesn't report back to the mother ship on your
comings and goings.  For the first time I can honestly tell myself that
a new computer user would prefer Linux over Windows from a cold start -
even if Windows cost 100 baht at Chatuchak flea market.

Good luck,

jn