Alpha BOINC

John Grzesiak johng at pcrd.net
Tue Jun 26 14:43:57 UTC 2007

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 15:57:00 +1200
From: "Martin, Anthony (NZ)" <anthony.Martin at hp.com>
Subject: BOINC on Alpha
To: "Linux on Alpha processors" <axp-list at redhat.com>
<a7A78387216CE54CB407038A4D80C73504E4F6C2 at nzmexc01.asiapacific.cpqcorp.net>

Is there anyone out there running any of the BOINC applications on Alpha
hardware?
If you are not sure what BOINC is, here is the url
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/

I have two servers (DS20, ES40) with lots of spare CPU cycles and I
would like to get them processing once again, but I need assistance to
get the apps running. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony

--------------------------------

You will find two kits on the following site:

http://www.hotiron.net/boinc/

There is one for EV56 and one for EV68... Both kits are setup for SETI
and a partial SIMAP configuration. Two different distro's I'm afraid,
but.....

So, if your favorite flavor is not there, I could, possibly, get a new
kit compiled up... but that will take a while. Hopefully not,
however... the machines are remote and need manual intervention to
start...

John Grzesiak
---- P.S.T.N. 603.798.4028 ----