Torrents galore...but has anyone actually tried it?

seafire at ix.netcom.com seafire at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 8 02:51:01 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 11:04 am, Jay Estabrook wrote:
> So, one can now download AC3 in record time, but how does it
> actually work on your Alphas?
>
> Of special concern to me are:
>
> 1. support for MARVEL (ES47/ES80/GS1280) is back after a long
>    hiatus; I've only an ES47 to test on, so I'd be interested
>    if any of the other machines have been tried.
>
> 2. support for graphics not on peer PCI bus #0 (aka "hose" in the
>    kernel, and "domain" in the X server); this is especially
>    important for the TITAN-based machines DS15 and ES45, as well
>    as the MARVEL machines.
>
> 3. SABLE/LYNX (AS2100/AS2100A) support is currently broken - how
>    many folks does this affect?
>
> 4. There's currently no MILO kernel - how many folks does this
>    affect?

I'm still using my old multia/UDB as my home router for cable modem. Even if
there were a MILO kernel, would the rest of the AC3 distro support an alpha
processor that old? (I suppose I could switch to SRM booting but the question
would still be AC3 support. I keep looking at ebay from time to time to see
if I can bag a cheap "upgrade". I think I've gotten my <$100 worth for the
10+ years I've had this little box running....:)