Alpha Core 3 is available

Mike Barnes mike at grouse.net.au
Thu Mar 8 21:14:51 UTC 2007

Carl Lowenstein wrote:
> A similar request:  is there a list of YUM repositories?

I'm trying to get one together under ftp.alphacore.info. All that's
there right now is an unpacked version of the ISOs, and I haven't
checked if the repodata is up to date (it's just what shipped on the
CDs). I'll probably get AC2 in there over the weekend, as well.

See: http://ftp.alphacore.info/alpha/core/3/os/

I'd suggest a yum.conf structure like;

	[base]
	name=Alpha Core $releasever - Base
	baseurl=ftp://ftp.alphacore.info/alpha/core/$releasever/os
	enabled=1

	[updates]
	name=Alpha Core $releasever - Updates
	baseurl=ftp://ftp.alphacore.info/alpha/core/$releasever/updates
	enabled=0

	[extras]
	name=Alpha Core $releasever - Extras
	baseurl=ftp://ftp.alphacore.info/alpha/core/$releasever/extras
	enabled=0

I can't see any reason to use $basearch directories. :)

The last two would need to be disabled right now, as they don't exist,
but I'll see if I can create empty placeholder repos soon.

Of course, my DS10's video card is dead right now, so I haven't even
installed AC3 myself for testing.

Is anyone looking into tracking Fedora Core's released updates? I'm
planning on a little "extras" repository myself, like I've got running
for CentOS/Alpha, where if I build something like VLC I'll pop it in
there for others.

When / if Cristian can arrange rsync access to the primary FTP site,
I'll start tracking the development tree and everything else he's got.
Oh, and rsync should be active on ftp.alphacore.info itself in a few hours.