AC 3 install failures - AlphaStation 400 4/233 (Avanti); PWS500au

Michal Jaegermann michal at ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca
Sun Mar 11 06:02:07 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 11:40:08PM -0500, Ken Raeburn wrote:
> AC3 came out just in time for me to be reinstalling a couple of the
> test machines at work.
>
> Running anaconda, the Alpha Core system installer - please wait...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'
> install exited abnormally

If you know how to fix this error in anaconda sources, even if this is
hack applicable only in your particular case, then you are likely
interested in an information on this page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Updates

What is missing there is that if you are doing "Updates from the Tree"
then updates.img is a gzipped cpio archive, created with "-H newc"
option, with replacement Python source files and anaconda will load that
automatically if only present.  You do not need the whole anaconda;
only those files you want to modify.

I guess that a floppy image, like described at the bottom of the
referenced page, may work too.

   Michal