Compatible graphic card

heviarti at puresimplicity.net heviarti at puresimplicity.net
Mon Mar 12 03:36:08 UTC 2007

  I'm happy to hear the Radeon cards work. I've only had one very old
Chinese made mach64 work in an alpha.. every other ATI I tried was a
no-go, even some of the newer mach64s.

 Of course there has been some wierdness of late with the S3. I don't know
why support has failed in recent years, seeing as S3 are stock on server
3300s.

  Diamond FireGL cards have been a source of bad luck. Neither the 1000 or
the 3000 seems to work well for me. The 3000 seems to give me a console
lock when i use anything linked against GTK, and artifacts very badly.
the 1000? that's *really* bad. X starts.. and then i've got a console
lock.  Haven't tried the matrox, but I understand they work. Ark logic
cards seemed to work for me (until it cooked the expansion memory)

 There are quite a few I haven't tried. It seems almost every PCI card I
get ends up being either an S3, or an ATI.