Alpha Core Development

Balint Cristian cbalint at redhat.com
Tue Mar 13 09:34:47 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 10:12, Oliver Falk wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there any CVS available at the moment? I mean for the -axp- related
> builds specfiles/patches!?

Hello Oliver,

	Not yet, due to lack of infrastructure.

Only thing we got, is a good place where publish packages and releases, thats all.

    We use a simple method, and we only keep 'touched' packages in an SRPMS folder,
so all alpha specific patches are embeded in src.rpms:

e.g for 3.0b branch
ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/core/3.0b/SRPMS

    We dont keep any other src.rpm , they are aviable on fedora mirrors, and those unlisted
packs are the same as ours, i see no sense republish tham too.
   We olso tag 'axp' string over packages to show up that it contain specific alpha hooks,
and package differ from original fedora one.

/cristian