Alpha Core Development

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Tue Mar 13 11:32:59 UTC 2007

Oliver Falk wrote:

> Am 2007-03-13 10:34, Balint Cristian schrieb:
>
>> On Tuesday 13 March 2007 10:12, Oliver Falk wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Is there any CVS available at the moment? I mean for the -axp-
>>> related builds specfiles/patches!?
>>

>> Hello Oliver,
>>     Not yet, due to lack of infrastructure.
>>

>> Only thing we got, is a good place where publish packages and
>> releases, thats all.
>>
>>     We use a simple method, and we only keep 'touched' packages in an
>> SRPMS folder, so all alpha specific patches are embeded in src.rpms:
>>
>> e.g for 3.0b branch
>> ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/core/3.0b/SRPMS
>>
>>     We dont keep any other src.rpm , they are aviable on fedora
>> mirrors, and those unlisted
>> packs are the same as ours, i see no sense republish tham too.
>

> Sure. That's good.
>
>>    We olso tag 'axp' string over packages to show up that it contain
>> specific alpha hooks,
>> and package differ from original fedora one.
>

> OK. Well....
>
> There are not much packages left which need patching for alpha. That's
> really great... Now someone only needs to bugzilla the diffs and
> patches. :-)

Yea, in the past RH accepted patches to their work, but didn't wanted to
hold alpha specific patches to the main package source. Instead, they
wanted to have it fixed by source provider. That's ok. It just takes
sometime then main source gets to fedora repository...

Regards,

--
Sergey Tikhonov

Head, R&D department