New redhat-rpm-config for ac3

Balint Cristian cbalint at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 11:23:57 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 11:58, Mike Barnes wrote:
> On 14/03/2007, at 9:42 PM, Oliver Falk wrote:
> > Sergey, just mailed Mike off-list, same story... It sometimes
> > happens that it stops builds. See elfutils for example. Elfutils
> > sets warnings as errors and therfor breaks. However, I believe I
> > saw builds where with a disabled fsp it worked and enabling it, it
> > failed... But that's already a year ago or so...
>
> Here's an example of configure's output when building libmad-0.15.1b,
> one of the several builds I saw this in:

Hello Oliver, folks

   Nice job !

     I tryed to ping RH people resposable for those packages and try to convince tham to accept alpha
olso. Right now is early morning in US so i will come back later ;-)

  Regarding -fstack-protector, its better to have patched redhat-rpm-config than patched elfutils ....
I will fill bug report against that package. Its the correct fix becouse alpha gcc foes not have yet
stack-protector implementation.

 Oliver,
  Can tell me in particular an IP address from where want to rsync, i set that up but need an IP
to firewall out rsync.