Alpha Core 3

Jon_norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Mon Mar 26 04:20:11 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 16:40 +0200, Michael Kronsteiner wrote:
> im just installing on my newly upgraded 21164SX board, now with an
> AHA-2940 U2W adapter... i/o performance seems to double against an 40G
> ide disk.... i will never use the onboard-ide again.....

michael, & list:

This is still true, even with the improvements in IDE/ATA/SATA drives.
With SCSI you get a much more robust protocol for error-checking data
transfers on the fly.

I have noticed some companies are offering cheap servers with SATA or
PATA drive arrays. I hope someone wakes up over that.

jn