Library needs help! AlphaCompaq DS20E

Shawn E. Romine seromine at co.douglas.or.us
Sun Oct 28 14:35:28 UTC 2007

If there is a better place to ask this question, please feel free to send me some links.

I am the computer tech at a library and we have a Compaq Alpha DS20e that we have put linux on.....yesterday I opened up the case to take a look inside (it probably had never been opened before) and when I put everything back together, it wouldnt turn on!

I read that the Alpha DS20E does have some kind of sensor so that if the cover isnt on, the power will not come on.....the side cover was hard coming off and hard to put back on.....when i plug the ac power in, i do see a green light within the system.....

is there a way to disable this sensor, or can someone give me a few sentences on how this interlocking sensor works.....i cannot see how it interlocks or works and amybe a few sentences on how this works might help......

thanks, desperate for any help you can provide.....