Fedora 8-based distro for Alpha CD Announcement

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Wed Apr 16 16:20:15 UTC 2008

Anders Waananen wrote:
[ ... ]
>> Torque is available for F8 Alpha:
>> http://buildsys.zero42.at/koji/packageinfo?packageID=10520
>
> Yes, thanks I discovered this yesterday - that solved one problem.

Goodie. It's fine it's of use for someone!

>> More information about koji (the Fedora buildsystem; Also used at
>> Zero42): fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji. It uses mock and is used for
>> building rpms. I'm not sure what you'd like to build!?
>
> I'm participating in an EU sponsered project where we do Grid middleware
> development.

Ah! Tell me more about this - maybe off list...

> For portability reasons I would like to see it build on
> Alphas. Internally in our project we use nightly builds and use the Grid
> middleware itself to accomplish this in order to taste our food - so to
> speak. It interfaces to mock for RPM based distros and pbuilder for DEB
> distros.

Sounds good. But still, I'd like to know more about this grid
middleware. In case you don't know - and I'm quite sure you don't know:

http://ir-facility.org/

It might have nothing to do with the stuff you're working on, but your
work might be of interest for me :-)

Best,
 Oliver