FC 8 more stuff

Jon_norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Sun Apr 20 01:30:43 UTC 2008

To the list:

FC8 ion my UP2000+ really runs nice.  I cleaned up the xorg.conf file a
little, couldn't get more that 800x640 out of my old 4 meg 4d10t
(permedia) card.   Maybe if I wipe the lower resolutions andf force the
issue.

After a couple boots the KDE file manager started working.  That kind of
speeds things up 'cause you can fly through the filesystem and drop into
a terminal window when you get where you wanna be.

Doesn't look like I got KPPP with the distro, should be an EZ build.
And I'll probably build some other stuff, like the kernel and maybe the
Xserver before moving on to the stuff I need.

Meanwhile, any action on building Open Office?

later

jon