install stuck

Kazuyoshi Furutaka furutaka at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Mon Apr 21 13:29:28 UTC 2008

Hi all,

From: Jay Estabrook <Jay.Estabrook at hp.com>
Subject: Re: install stuck (Re: Fedora 8-based distro for Alpha CD Announcement)
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 13:31:34 -0400

> The problem associated with the hang at "transferring image..."
> was noted in my announcement. The solution: use the older ISO
> image dated 20080311 (via the iso/obsolete/ directory).

With the 20080311 image, the install process didn't stop
after the "transferring image..." message even with net
connection.
And I found that it was one of the HDDs attached to the
machine which was failed and caused the exception.
With the HDD disconnected, I've finally completed the
installation using the 20080311 image: it's now up and running!
Its profile was sent via smolt.

Many thanks for preparing such a distro!

Yours,
Kazuyoshi
--
Kazuyoshi Furutaka