Max. memory on 164LX (Re: SELINUX etc.)

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Mon Apr 28 06:04:45 UTC 2008

Kazuyoshi Furutaka wrote:
> ..
>> 3. How much memory can be installed in 164LX machines?
>>    I have two 164LX machines, one with 512MB (Debian etch)
>>    and the other with 384MB (the Fedora-8 based), and I'd
>>    like to have more memory capacity if possible.
>>

> From: Jay Estabrook <Jay.Estabrook at hp.com>
> Subject: Re: SELINUX etc. (Re: Fedora 8-based distro for Alpha CD Announcement)
> Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:00:01 -0400
>

>> 3. I think the max was 1GB total, 256MB per DIMM.
>>

> Thanks Jay.
>
> According to a product brief from Alpha Processor Inc. of
> the motherboard (attached to this mail), the maximum
> is 1GB, but it's the only one that says so.
> (www.alphalinux.org/firmware/api/LX/164LX.PDF)

We built many systems using this board "back in the day"
The maximum memory capacity we ( or others) could make work was 1024MB.
Using 4 x 256MB memory modules.

Also, they should be ECC modules, BTW..

--
With our best regards,

//Maurice W. Hilarius         Telephone: 01-780-456-9771/
/Hard Data Ltd.                FAX:          01-780-456-9772/
/11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com/
/Edmonton, AB, Canada         http://www.harddata.com//
/     T5X 1Y3/
/