Broken dbus

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Mon Apr 28 22:03:37 UTC 2008

Estabrook, Jay wrote:

> But back to the original problem you are having with dbus and hal.
>
> I HAVE duplicated it, at least on my PWS600 (not on DS15, and I've
> yet to try others). Still don't understand why the machine type should
> be an issue, but stranger things have happened.

Sigh; a strange thing of my own doing... :-(

Those updated dbus RPMS have some EV6 instructions in them.

That's why they work fine on DS15 and ES40 and such.

But not on LX164 or PWS; those are EV56 and don't support
the same instruction set.

How they got in there is a story for another day.

Those desperate for correctly-built RPMs can just rebuild from
the source, which should be on buildsys.zero42.at. They should
rebuild correctly in a normal environment (mine wasn't).

Oliver and I will build another update set, which should be
versioned such that auto-updating will be done to the correct
set.

Sorry about that, folks... :-\

--Jay++