Alpha hardware

Marc Schlensog mschlens at redhat.com
Wed Dec 3 13:54:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 15:44:03 +0200
"Vesselin Kenashkov" <kenashkov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Marc Schlensog <mschlens at redhat.com>
> wrote:
[...]
> > No. The offered memory is reg/buffered SD-RAM, which came way past
> > the obsolesence of the DEC3000. You need fast page mode SIMMs
> > (pre-decessor of edo). Not even sure if PS/2 works.
> >
> > b.r.,
> >
> > Marc
> >

> In that case SGI Indy memory *might* work for him. AFAIK Indy uses
> 50/60nsec FPM modules.

As I said: I'm not sure if the DEC3000 uses PS/2 memory. I know that
the Noname/AXPpci33 and the Multia/UDB use them (72pin FPM w/ true
parity). If the DEC3000 uses the same memory, yes, then he can use Indy
memory. If not and it's something proprietary (which wouldn't surprise
me), he's a bit out of luck.